by Amelia Freer
Appetite (Random House)
Buy from Indigo
Description: The eagerly anticipated companion to the #1 international bestseller Eat. Nourish. Glow., filled with fabulous recipes for making a whole-foods based lifestyle easy and delicious.
In her international bestseller Eat. Nourish. Glow., celebrity nutritionist Amelia Freer introduced her whole-foods philosophy and provided ten easy steps to help you look younger, lose weight, and feel great. In Cook. Nourish. Glow. she builds on the handful of recipes in her previous book, offering 100 wholesome dishes and meals illustrated with beautiful photos and step-by-step visuals.
Amelia’s simple but delicious recipes and tips make living a healthy lifestyle effortless. From preparing and using wholesome pantry staples to whipping together on the go meals and snacks; cooking gut-friendly foods to baking a few “naughty” treats, Amelia equips you with the skills and knowledge you need to cook with confidence and improve your health with every bite.
The Good Stuff
- Excellent practical advice about eating healthier and getting away from pre packaged meals.
- Lots of variety of recipes
- Inspirational and honest
- Fabulous pictures of the recipes
- Recipes are easy to read
- Loved the idea of preserving fresh herbs by putting them in an oil or freezing them in oil. So very practical for this part of Canada (really hard to grow stuff here unless you have the space and money to build yourself a green house)
- Lots of uses for Coconut much to my husbands dismay
The Not So Good Stuff
- Recipes include a lot of ingredients not readily available and not affordable for most families in Calgary
- Hard to make a lot of the changes when you have small children
- A lot of prep work and ingredients for those who have an extremely busy lifestyle
- Not really important but this book gets overlooked as the cover isn't appealing to most - trust me I work in a bookstore, no one looks at this one
- The index sucks - seriously badly done
- Although recipes easy to read, they are not set up well in terms of prep work.
- Spicy Carrot Salad
- Homemade Coconut Butter
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Almond Butter and Chia Seed Jam
- Avacado Souffle
- Fragrant Broth
I received this from Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review