by Rhys Bowen
Narrated by Katherine Kellgren
Audio buy from Audible
Paperback Buy from Indigo
Description: Her ridiculously long name is Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, daughter to the Duke of Atholt and Rannoch. And she is flat broke. As the thirty-fourth in line for the throne, she has been taught only a few things, among them, the perfect curtsey. But when her brother cuts off her allowance, she leaves Scotland, and her fiancé Fish-Face, for London, where she has:
a) worked behind a cosmetics counter-and gotten sacked after five hours
b) started to fall for a quite unsuitable minor royal
c) made some money housekeeping (incognita, of course), and
d) been summoned by the Queen to spy on her playboy son.
Then an arrogant Frenchman, who wants her family's 800-year-old estate for himself, winds up dead in her bathtub. Now her most important job is to clear her very long family name.
- A pure and utter delight to listen to, Ms Kellgren has the perfect voice to embody the character of Georgie
- Georgie is so wonderfully naive yet smart on her feet
- You will be snorting out loud with laughter due to the dialogue and the trouble she gets into
- Ms Kellgren does a fabulous job of giving each of the characters their unique voice. Love when she does the voice for Belinda
- Georgie is so delightful it makes up for the lackluster mystery
- Looking forward to future installments of this series
- Just plain delightful fun
- Only thing that bites about listening to books its a total pain in the but to give you quotes -- sorry will try harder to use the bookmark function next time - but wish I had this time around, so many hilarious quotes
- A hot Irish character - what's not to like about that : )
“They don't hang dukes, darling. He'd be let off by reason of insanity. Everyone knows the upper classes are batty"
"Really men are too hopeless, wrapped up in themselves from the day they are born. I put it down to a public school education. It would serve him right if he was arrested."
I purchased this from Audible on advice from Jen L and very glad I did. Jen always has the best suggestions