by Sylvia Day
Buy from Indigo
Description: The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession
The Good Stuff
- This author has a true gift for writing erotic sex scenes
- Impressed with the emphasis on therapy for their troubles. They keep making mistakes, but they talk them through and work at it everyday - very refreshing
- Nice addition of some lighter moments between Eva and Gideon and scenes with them spending time together without mind blowing, tear inducing sex
- Monica is such a despicable mother, she makes me feel like I am the best mom in the world
- Enjoyed the fleshing out of the characters background stories
The Not So Good Stuff
- I can't help it but when I got to the end I was like wtf - I thought this was only going to be a trilogy. I know it's my fault for not knowing but I just wanted a conclusion. I actually threw down the book I was so frustrated - hmm note to self, must get out more
- Also even-though the sex scenes are seriously steamy, there were way too many of them, I like a little more plot with my smut
- Worried about poor Cary - he obviously needs help and Eva needs to more of a friend to him, especially since he is always there for her
"Shut up." I slid off him and smacked his shoulder. "We are totally dysfunctional."
"I prefer 'selectively deviant.' But we'll keep that to ourselves."
"And I really want you to stop hurting yourself over what was done to you. You were raped. You were a victim and now you're a survivor. There's no shame in that."
"You and me, we're both guilty of tiptoeing around Mom-Oh no, don't upset Monica!-because we'd rather just give in than deal with her meltdowns. But that's emotional extortion, Richard, and I'm done paying out."
Who Should/Shouldn't Read
- If you read and loved the first two books most likely you will eat this up
- Need some inspiration for the bedroom - this could be very helpful
- If you want something fast paced, this probably isn't your thing
- Need some new fantasies or feeling unsexy - definitely some ideas here
- Great beach read or if you just finished a sombre book, this is a nice change of pace
I received this from Penguin UK in exchange for an honest review