by Colleen McKie
Fierce Ink Press
Buy from Smashwords
Description: Colleen McKie brings readers back to her high school days in the early 90s with Lipstick and Bangs. It was a time of change in which she began to diverge from the interests of her lifelong friends to become an alt rock music girl with a bookish affinity for Stephen King.
Lipstick and Bangs is the true story of navigating identity at an age when everything is weighed against the pressures of friendships and boys.
In the crush or be crushed world of teen dating, can she be true to herself when she’s unsure of who that person really is?
The Good Stuff
- The words flow so smoothly and easily you feel you are there
- Raw and honest & reminds me so much of my own life
- Got a kick out of when Todd says he's going out to Banff to work in a resort - as in the early 80's that is exactly what my hubby Jeff did (at the Banff Springs hotel)
- Relevant message about being yourself & having the courage to be different
- Canadian author
- admire those who write so openly and honestly about their painful memories
- Proceeds of sales go to charity
- Not a fan of short stories, but I enjoyed
- Too short -- yeah I know short story - I get it, I just always want more
" He told Mike you were kinda cool. You know, in a geeky way.
In a geeky way? Oh, how nice. I'm sure my sarcasm was lost on Trina. He might have well has said I had a great personality."
Who Should/Shouldn't Read
- Perfect for any one who is or ever was in high school
- For us girls who were just a little bit different
I received this from Fierce Ink Press in exchange for an honest review