by Pete Hautman
Suggested Ages: 13+
Buy From Indigo
Description: National Book Award winning author Pete Hautman lets us in on the secret.Lita is the writer. Adam is the entrepreneur. They are JUST FRIENDS.So Adam would never sell copies of a self-help book before he'd even written it. And Lita would never try to break up Adam's relationship with Blair, the skankiest girl at school. They'd never sabotage their friends Emily and Dennis. Lita would never date a guy related to a girl she can't stand. They'd never steal each others blog posts. And Adam would never end up in a fist fight with Lita's boyfriend. Nope, never.Adam and Lita might never agree on what happened, but in this hilarious story from Pete Hautman, they manage to give the world a little more insight into what boys and girls are really looking for
The Good Stuff
- Very realistic in terms of dialogue and the relationships between the friends
- Absolutely hilarious at times
- Nice messages about understanding the differences between men and women and how they can communicate more effectively and not done in a preachy way which really ticks off YA readers (and old Mom's too)
- Characters of Lita and Adam are likeable and develop throughout the story
- Likeable Librarian who is not at all stereotypical (ok there is another stereotypical librarian in it too, but hey at least we got one good one)
- Fabulous snarky witty dialogue
- Honestly its just a fun light read to spend the afternoon with
- Not sure Adam realized how horrific plagiarism is and he really wasn't punished enough for it
- Could have been fleshed out a bit
"It was the incredibly hot Mrs Corinna Crowe, who has done more to increase the number of guys using the school library than Harry Potter and Stephen King combined."
"Mrs Crowe had implied that he wouldn't mention my little escapade to Mrs Crowe, but I didn't believe him. Married people are notoriously bad at keeping secrets from each other."
"Why not?" She saw the expression on my face."Oh. Sorry, I thought you'd gotten past that being-embarrassed-to-have-parents thing."
"I think I have another year or two to go on that." I said
Who Should/Shouldn't Read
- Perfect for those looking for a funny light read
- Not for those looking to find out what boys want -- trust me its better not knowing LOL!
- Fans of Hautman's other books might be a tad disappointed in this one
I received this from Scholastic in Exchange for an Honest Review