by Maggie Stiefvater
Suggested Ages: 13+
Release Date: July 12, 2011
Buy from Indigo
Description: The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater. In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.
The Good Stuff
- Eloquently written, the authors prose is almost poetic but in a good way (poetry isn't my thing, but beautifully written words are)
- Isabel develops beautifully, a very truly real and honest girl
- Cole is less of a douche bag and he also develops nicely -- Maggie really knows how to develop the growth of her characters so that it feels very real and not forced
- Author understands wolves and writes about them so that we learn and appreciate the magnificent creatures that they are
- Describes the landscape and emotions so wonderfully you really feel the cold and the loneliness of Minnesota and the isolation and struggles of the characters
- Some nice dry humour
- Love the cover and the matching colour of the font -- I know its a geeky thing, but it looks nice on my book shelf
- Hopeful Ending - good ending for a trilogy
- A little dark and depressing at times
- A little repetitive at times - probably to get the attention of those who haven't read the 1st or 2nd book
- Adults are mostly scumbags -- I know I always mention this when reviewing YA but I am 41 and a good Mommy who cares about her children and doesn't fuck their psyche's up too much
"At my feet was a torn black trash bag, its contents littering the ground. It looked suspiciously like it may have been my breakfast. I didn't want to think about that too hard."
"Yeah, your superhero shit." Cole said. "Sam Roth, werewolf by night, book retail specialist by day. Don't you need a cape for that?"
"Are there any other missing persons living under your roof? Elvis?Jimmy Hoffa? Amelia Earhart? I'd just like to have full disclosure now, before we go any further."
Who should/shouldn't read
- Strictly for those who have read the first two books in the trilogy
Prize: PERSONALIZED signed copy of Forever
Rules: MUST BE A FOLLOWER
US & CANADA (Or International if you want to pay for shipping)
ENDS: July 14th
Fill out Form
I received this from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review