by Jennifer Estep
Simon and Schuster
Description: It's hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most. To the public, I'm Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland's best barbecue joint. To my friends, I'm the Spider, retired assassin. I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab's right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists. At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I'll take my chances. Then there's Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland's finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I'm a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life
The Good Stuff
- Brilliant Storytelling, couldn't put the book down (Damn you, Jennifer -- I have responsibilities, stop writing such fun books that I don't want to put down)
- Incredible secondary characters, I dare you not to love Finn!
- Kick ass heroine! I want to be Gin -- well without all the messy killing and stuff. Gin really is one of my favorite literary characters -- up there with Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Julie Kenner's Lily
- Those who haven't read the 1st 2 books, will still be able to get into the story -- and of course than will want to go buy the 1st two books
- Did I mention Finn
- Lots more of Owen Grayson who is way more interesting and hot than Donovan Caine
- Laugh out loud funny at times - probably best not to read this while out in public
- Again, must mention that I just LOVE Finn
- Thanks to Jennifer and an episode of Chuck, the term Po-Po doesn't irritate me anymore
- I have to wait till when for the next book in the story - god this being patient stuff sucks!
- Fletcher is still dead -- hmm I say Jennifer should do a set of books on Fletcher
"Finn did what he always did when confronted by an angry woman - he checked out her boobs."
"Three months ago, I was killing people for money. Lots of Money. Buckets of it. Now, tell me a good sob story instead and I'll take care of all your problems for free. Instead of stealing from the rich, I'm stabbing them to death for the poor."
"All this pro bono work I was dabbling in really was turning into public service. The mayor so needed to give me a medal."
"This giant was also naked, with an a** that was so fat, dimpled, and hairy that I would have happily killed him just for inflicting that sight on me."
What I Learned
- That I have a crush on Finn
- You can be moral and an assassin LOL
- Those who don't have a sense of humor, might want to stay away -- but I'm guessing if you are reading my posts, you must have a great sense of humor -- and taste!
- Those who just like to read a fun and engrossing story
- Fans of Julie Kenner (J.K. Beck), Jeaniene Frost, Illona Andrews will Enjoy
- Those who enjoy Urban Fantasy
5 Dewey's: Why are you still reading GO BUY THE BOOK!
I received this from Simon and Schuster in exchange for an honest review