St Martins Press
Description: Unbeknownst to her identical twin Bennie Rosato, Alice Connelly is on the run from her drug-dealing confederates who are trying to kill her. Alice sees only one way out - to become Bennie. She slips a drug into her drink, and usurps her life. Not only does she sleep with her boyfriend, impersonate her at work - and steal her money, but she also warns the police that her evil twin is out to get her. Her plan works perfectly, because when Bennie emerges to fight back, everyone thinks she's Alice - including the police. Meanwhile, Mary DiNunzio, distracted by personal problems is also duped by Alice. The happy DiNunzio home is disrupted by the arrival of a sexy and mysterious cousin who claims to be a witch - and manages to put Mary's father under her spell! Bennie, with everything at stake, is fighting for her life - on all levels. She's reached breaking point. But when the chips are finally down, what will she do? Is blood thicker than water, and can an ordinary, law-abiding woman be driven to evil?
The Good Stuff
- Snappy dialogue
- Exciting storyline, keeps you on the edge of your seat at times
- Interesting characters
- Fascinating premise
- Good twists and turns and satisfying ending
- Fiorella is a great character
- Not very believable how quickly twin sister obtained all the access to her sisters financial records
- The stuff about her digging out of her grave also wasn't really believable -- but than again not something I would really want to find out about.
- For a Lawyer main character is too naive
"Everything was bought and paid for, and the girl was a saver, which explained her wardrobe"
"She had paralegal training, and she was a scam artist, which was a lawyer without the student loans"
"Sometimes it was hard to choose between best friend and boyfriend, and she should have gone with the ovaries."
"When she saw how much of her mortgage payment went toward interest, she decided that the line between federal banking and organized crime was way too fine."
"Maybe any one of us, pushed to the brink, is capable of evil."
What I Learned
- Lawyer's are kinda dumb sometimes
- It is not always fun to have a twin
- Stress can do strange things to you
- Good for mystery and suspense lovers
- Some violence and sex so not for the prudish
I won from Good Reads and promised to write a review